View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 12:39   Link #69
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
It's always been that color since the first season. At that time, J.C. decides to use this color as the flame of every torches.

I think Yuji's flame should be pale white since the one who devour his existence is Friagne.
I think that's just the colour of PoE that is used to create the torch. That's what a torch is after all, a body made of PoE with the memories/emotions of the human that was devoured.

I also think that the blue flame that Yuji showed this episode was a much darker shade of blue than the blue that's used for torches.

Spoiler for Colour of the flame of a torch:

Spoiler for Colour of Yuji's flame:

The colour of the flames one uses in battle is different for every person (Shana - crimson; Margery - purple/dark blue; Wilhelmina - pinkish; Pheles - amber; Friagne - white). This is the case with flame haze and tomogara, so why not torches?

I guess it is possible that all torches have the same colour, but I guess we can't really know for sure since we can't compare Yuji with anyone else. I don't know any other torch who fought using his flames. Tenmoku Ikko only used it's sword and I've never seen Johan fight.

For now, I'll just believe that this is Yuji's own colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakeh View Post
Btw do the novels say anything about what Yuji has become? Is he like a King of Guze now or what :\
If you want confirmation from the light novels, you'll have to go to the light novel thread.

Spiral Organ said that he'd do something about his worn-out body when he cast the spell on Azure, right? The body of a torch is made out of PoE. His torch body was probably damaged by the merge with SnH and the the Reiji Maigo (since it had to restore way too much PoE at midnight for the creation of Xanadu). So I think that Spiral Organ made a 'real' body for Yuji somehow. Since the body of a torch is made out of PoE, Yuji had to worry about his PoE running out every day. Without PoE he'd disappear. But if he were to get a 'real' body he wouldn't have to worry about this anymore.

I have a feeling that it's something akin to when Yuji was the substitute body of SnH. He has a real body (he could bleed, something he couldn't do as a torch), he doesn't have to worry about disappearing, but he's not alive.

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2012-03-25 at 14:53.