View Single Post
Old 2007-09-05, 13:04   Link #131
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Even though its possible, its hard to believe it actually shall happen. Kanata and the family had there time in episode 22, it wouldn't feel right if the matter was brought up again at random. If it was to be mentioned, it would have in this episode.
Agree. There aren't many "Serious" scenes in Lucky Star apart from this one in episode 22 and that one in episode 17 (16?) about Kagami's experiences with her older sisters. I also liked that segment, and it still falls into the "slice of life" description of the show. And personally, I wouldn't think that mentioning Kanata's death in the last two episodes would be appropriate.

With that said, I'd love to see Lucky Star meet its final moments of airtime under Kanata's guiding. As in, she would oversee the aspects of her daughter's daily life from a distance and, maybe, end with an epic phrase. If there was one "Last scene" I'll always remember, it's the one from Saber Marionettes J to X, where the last ending song comes to an end and the fading title says "Good luck to everybody". That really left a mark on me, and I'll never forget it. If they could do that to L*S, then I think this series will become even more memorable in the future.

Quote:
Yeah, taht was my fault... Obviusly, I missed few seconds of the scene because of the subs, but he is not definetely crying at all. But, in that scene we can't see Konata anywhere, not even a simple cradle. And the fact that she is on a hospital bed... still looks a little weird to me.

And, I do not also know about babies, but, doesn't it looks strange that a birth complication lasts a few weeksto really hurt? I mean, and I apologize for my English level (it is a little difficult to express some things), that, if a woman really gets hurt during the birth she feels very tired. And probably her life lasts the time shee need to hug the baby between her arms... Doesn't seem like the scenes we were talking about.

Furthermore, the ill aspect of Kanata, and the image of Konata sitting (sorry, I couldn't find the scene you said) just add to the terminal illness theory. Moreover there is a strange scene I cannot understand. The flashback when Souchiro and Kanata go to the beach, she returns hiding her nose and mouth with a handkerchief. This could be also proof of her ill aspect...

More opinions?
Here, I meant
Spoiler for This image:

Well, your theory isn't a complete failure because Soujirou's expression does seem really troubled, and I could really see him having cried quite a lot before falling asleep. But mothers won't stay with their child 24/7 after giving birth - Konata could've been placed in another bed or something of the sort while she slept. And I'm not sure about birth complications, but I guess the most deadly one causes almost sudden death to the mother, but there could be other ones, such as an infection, loss of blood and other things. My mother, for example, almost did die when I was born, and it wasn't even a natural labor - she had surgery. She then started bleeding quite a lot. She also had a friend who did die exactly the same way, only two weeks before ( and in the same room as she was, but let's not dive into details here... ) .

And yes, Kanata running with her nose covered and Soujirou's worrysome expression do make me wonder if she had a sickly body. Same thing on the train scene, where she's sleeping besides him. But yeah, as Vexx said, we might never know the true cause of her death. And I don't think we should dwell much into it, anyway. I think it will only make this episode sadder and sadder.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"