View Single Post
Old 2012-03-02, 23:29   Link #4657
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Tokt
Kind of ironic though Wing since you always ragged on the pats for their no-nos and now this comes to light with the Saints.

I'll just go with what I brought up in my disscusion with you on spygate. Most teams do some dirty handed thing (whether slight or huge) to win it just doesn't usually get found out.
But G_T, this isn't irony, it's a happenstance...And I will continue to rag on the Pats...Meticulously using illegal video and illegally filming code-signals of other teams' practices and sidelines to build a dynasty is one of the most egregious penalties in all of sports...One Karma surely hasn't forgotten since the Pats can't win jack without the gameshark...

It pales in comparison to guys in the locker room having unofficial "bounties" on big hits...have any of you played football? In high school we'd get helmet stickers and candy snacks for the best decleaters and hits of the week...Many of my best friends at LSU who played on the football team routinely talked about how big hitters got prizes and used to ride the Golf cart on the practice field for rewards...This is the nature of the Defensive Coaching, and to incentivize players for making violent plays in a violent sport...

In the NFL it's money as opposed to gobstoppers, and I've never seen one Saints player do anything as overwrought as players like Cortland Finnegan and Bernard Pollard do almost every game trying to hurt players...Do I even have to mention James Harrison? Or how about Rodney Harrison's hayday as the king of late hits and filthy play...

You see one Saints player ever do what Dom Suh does? No you don't...

Sure the saints will be penalized because of the twitteriffic age we live in where every incident gets blown up into the size of a smudge on the Hubblescopes' bubble-lens, and i won't deny that Gregg Williams is certainly blowhard enough to talk about something that's basically supposed to be seen as player thing (The 2009 Playoff ramblings he had on this about Warner and Favre probably kickstarted this whole thing) ...

So when the Godell hammer goes down, it won't be because of the act, it'll be because of the twitterriffic cloud the act will spawn...Add to that the current waters of the NFL following the lock-out and impending lawsuits and myriad of other injury based litigation the league is seeing and we'll get a PC PETA-level over-the-top fine or something, but let's pull back into reality before we start suggesting that many players who play defense in the NFL don't try to kill their opponents within the whistle...Saints players certainly aren't as good as doing it as the guys I've mentioned above...Nor (which is even funnier) do they seem to have any of the visual evidence the leagues more brazen offenders put on tape every week)...But perhaps Bill Belichick's tapeguy is waiting to reveal that bit of evidence that shames the Saints out of their shot at a dynasty...

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-03-03 at 00:32. Reason: Off topic bit removed!
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote