Thread: Negima Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-12, 15:38   Link #229
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
So I watched Mayoi Chiki 6 with WhyNot subs and found out an announcement that concerns Negima..it's about Negima Anime Final.

I thought it was just an advertisement for the upcoming movie, but the scene that was showed in there didn't seem to have appear at all in the latest chapter of the manga. From what I know, the plot for the movie is the final battle with Fate, right? But this one shows an event in Mahora rather than mundus magicus...

so my question is, does anyone know what it is?
Actually, the film is not about the final section of the Magic World arc (which sucks because SHAFT is basically repeating the same problem that Xebec did in their version of Negima). Rather, the film is meant to tell the original ending that Ken Akamatsu had planned to use for Negima.

Spoiler for Original Plan:

However, given the amount of plot points that still need to be tied up (i.e. the location of Negi's parents, how Itstanbul is important to the story, the demonic origins of Mana and Zazie), there's no way Akamatsu-sensei can continue with the route that he originally planned for Negima (i.e. the ending mentioned above). So, he's releasing the original plan for Negima's ending as a film instead (while continuing the manga for at least another volume).

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2011-08-12 at 19:13.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote