View Single Post
Old 2012-06-18, 20:15   Link #22067
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
And in the Bigger Picture news:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...lar-space.html

Voyager 1 is passing into true interstellar space ... the first object constructed by life on Earth ever to do so...
This was posted in another thread and has been re-posted in the media for the past six(?) months since scientists have no clear idea of where the solar wind stops and where insterstellar space starts; it could be like earths atmosphere that expands and contracts in a cyclical pattern and who knows, there could be gusts of wind out there. All in all it is a miracle that tecnology built 34 years ago has survived the freezing temperatures of deep stellar space and that we can still receive information from it with no relay stations anywhere on the solar system (when I was a kid everyone though by now we would have stations on the moon, mars and we would be starting to do missions on saturn and jupiter ). Sadly nowadays techology is better but is built to last as little as posible without the consumer noticing, gone are the times of cars and consumer electronics that were built to last, I bet by the time I get my own all purpose cultural cat girl it will last less than most phones do nowadays >_<