View Single Post
Old 2012-11-08, 03:55   Link #744
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Ah... I can't believe that went over my head. I just thought Mashiro went to sleep in Sorata's room just because she misses spending time with him. It didn't even register with me that she was doing that to avoid Nanami even though Mashiro clued us in on it... When Mashiro said that she's trying to avoid Nanami waking her up in the morning, I took that as "I want Sorata to wake me up" instead of her expressing her dislike of Nanami. However, both scenarios are possible.
Aye, I definitely do think it's a combination of both. I guess I came across as implying she was doing so only because of not wanting to see Aoyama, which wasn't my intention. Probably because I was focusing on why I don't think Aoyama will have much of an impact on Mashiro.

But yes, it's a combination of both things. Her appreciating Sorata's presence, combined with the fact that Aoyama's company doesn't do much for her. Like her mentioning she hasn't been sleeping well lately, contrasting to being fast asleep in Sorata's company. Perhaps an outright dislike might be too strong of a word, but she is certainly not fond of Aoyama's antics. From the various looks Mashiro displayed throughout the episode, I got the impression she would like to simply tune her out

How the two continue interacting remains to be seen, but for now I don't think we are in any real danger of Aoyama stealing "Mashiro duty" for long.