View Single Post
Old 2011-11-24, 04:58   Link #44
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
so this shows that of the top selling titles in 2010 have more than just pure moe stuff, granted it was still well represented, but there is a good mix between genres. While 1998 also includes a moe title in CCS.

BTW, asaqe, I'm not quite sure what you were trying to say. Are you saying that you were one of the misguided one before and have now see the light or you ranting about the JUMP fanboys. (no offense, I like JUMP myself, I', talking about the ones with "@#$ is the best, it's the most mature, everything else is crap" and the ones that can't differentiate shonen from seinen)
What happened back in high school when I caught onto the anime scene I was enjoying the fanservice/ecchi genre way more than what the average high school was checking out at the time. Was fun for a while until you realize how lonely it was being unable to talk about your hobby in front of normal anime fans.

Nowadays, it is no longer possible to discuss new anime without fear of becoming being classified as a complete pervert. I really am holding my breath on what will the anime scene be like where I live next year...

Which kind of relates to the issue, anime has changed from something that had it's lines between "kids stuff" and "adults only" completely eliminated in a bad way.