View Single Post
Old 2011-01-28, 15:28   Link #111
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Interesting you bring up the ethnic contribution as Coach Poliquin (the person I mentioned in my earlier post) has created a system called biosignature that takes into account your ethnic heritage as well as your hormonal issues/what foods set them out of whack. For better or worse, I can only handle vegetables, fruits and nuts without my blood sugar and insulin going wild.

Athlete gamers/geeks are win, I consider myself one as well, being a powerlifter, but I don't want to toot my own horn too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
I don't know much about him, but if he can produce results he must be doing something right...also depends what your goal is with your fitness program. All I know about power training is that you should do 4-6 repititions, and while power training can be good for you, hypertrophy (bodybuilding) usually isn't because it involves isolating muscles (which prefer to work together), and can end up cause muscle imbalances.
Yeah, I like to do a little bit of hypertrophy training (1 day for hypertrophy, 3 power/conditioning days per week), but it tends to overlook stabilizer muscles like the rotator cuff and trapezius for example, which explains why you see so many shoulder injuries.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote