View Single Post
Old 2012-08-10, 12:24   Link #158
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
lol another animation discussion again. My experience is that the animation for something is never as good as I'm expecting, but the character design always looks better once it's in actual motion in a show. It's really hard to make out what's going on in that PV seeing as I'm looking at it from a side angle view at a distance, but I'm not sure how I can get a real sense of what the show is going to look like for the most part by looking at that video. Generally the best sense is to watch the 3rd episode of something. If a show still looks exceptional by the third episode then it will probably be well-animated.

I think people are setting themselves up for huge disappointment by expecting this to be like Madoka. That doesn't mean it has no chance of being a good show just that there's no reason of yet to assume it'll have the same tone or type of story content as Madoka.

At the very least it gives me an actual opportunity to maybe watch a Shaft show again for the first time since Madoka. I know Monogatari is well loved by many but I honestly can't stand the direction, dialogue, characters and frankly anything other than the quirky fanservice scenes, which aren't exactly something I dole out praise for. Hidamari Sketch.....just isn't up my alley. Also I think it bears mentioning that I can't take the animation style and direction in the PV looking nothing like ordinary shaft as a good sign. Didn't see a single Red or Black scene or any other bizarre visual cue.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote