View Single Post
Old 2013-01-18, 13:43   Link #66
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I do have to somewhat have to agree with Mandarake's assessment. For what's by this point rather obviously a totalitarian oligarchy, we've been rather setup to hold our sympathies with the agents who are working to maintain order in that society. I somehow don't think this setup is going to be revolved in anything as remotely simple as "Sybill is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!". Especially when the primary antagonist isn't exactly opposed to the Sybil system because he feels it's a human rights violation. Frankly, it seems incredibly implausible, based on how wanton Makishima is about killing civilians and his own associates, that any part of whatever he's planning is being done out of some kind of sense of altruism for the greater good of humanity.

It really does seem like the series is intentionally casting Makishima in as monstrous of a light as possible, while presenting our detective squad as being quite sympathetic. This seems especially prominent after we got introduced to Rina last episode, who kinda demonstrates that opposition to the Sybill system isn't reliant on being a homicidal maniac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
If Akane is capable of recovering her P-P quickly, does that means that she turns out to be either a experiment, an artificial human or worse, a human (in a litteral way) android ?
I seriously doubt that. Not with how android components are still pretty obviously machinery when you examine them closely. And the fact that Akane couldn't go to a doctors appointment without her machine status being revealed.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2013-01-18 at 13:56.