View Single Post
Old 2013-03-23, 08:29   Link #471
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
For those of you who liked the movie and can't see why Kaijo or myself have a problem with it, I'm going to give you a comparison of the movie vs canon.

To be fair, I can name only THREE things the movie does better than canon and three things that are minor but I do like.

Minor 1: How the book activated. Like Demi. said, the book activating in response to Hayate's life does make a lot of sense.

Minor 2: Reinforce showing up sooner. Was a very nice thing, but since she showed up in the Sound Stages before she was awakened...

Minor 3: Reinforce having her own device was nice, as I said before.

Major 1: The pretty visuals, about the only thing we ALL agree on that's superior to canon.

Major 2: Lindy staring down the Wolkenritter, though that was quickly negated by the fact she didn't get to DO anything.

Major 3: Fight against the Darkness of the Book of Darkness, the thing fought back, MAJORLY improved from canon.

Now, for the comparison between A's and the movie, and WHY the movie fails, we're going to look at the first fight scene of A's and the movie as well as the Reinforce fight sequence, with a couple more inbetween. I'll do a character by character breakdown here.

Spoiler for Nanoha:

Spoiler for Fate:

Spoiler for Arf:

Spoiler for Yuuno:

Spoiler for Chrono:

Okay, now, the rest of the movie is basically like canon, all character bonding and defining moments are pretty much ripped straight from canon with very little change, at all.

Let's skip ahead to Reinforce vs Nanoha and Fate.

Well, before that even.

Spoiler for Wolkenritter's death scene:

now, Reinforce in the movie vs canon.

Spoiler for Reinforce's awakening:

Now, let's skip to the end of the Reinforce fight in canon vs the movie.

Spoiler for End of the Reinforce fight:

So, tell me, is this movie good? After looking at those comparisons, WHICH would you rather watch? The movie or canon?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote