View Single Post
Old 2011-08-06, 20:43   Link #23661
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Come on, now THAT is conjecture. It goes against anything we learned in EP4 and just because something appears kind of farfetched doesn't make it false. If you refuse to believe anything that appears in a story you're really starting to make up your own Umineko...
It was heavily implied that both the letters and the message bottles were both written and dispatched before the incident. Just give me one good reason to doubt that...and I don't mean your "I don't like the story the way I think the author wants me to think he thought about his story".
You realize I'm being half-satirical at this point, right? Get the stick out your ass and breath.

Quote:
Your free to do that, but then do it without trying to discard evidence given within the story only because it doesn't suit your taste of a proper mystery. In that case your no better than Bernkastel or the similarly unpleasent Will...
"I don't like the way mysteries are done today...so I'm just gonna call them all shit and prove to everybody that I know better"
Fine, but I haven't discarded any evidence in the actual text of Umineko that wasn't already heavily suspect.

Quote:
Again. What reason was there to lie about it? Why would this information be false if it is one of the elements that hints towards the explosion incident in the first place?
It's Bern. She's presenting the narrative that is most painful, cruel, and heartless to Ange. This isn't deniable, she even comes clean with it later saying that if Ange can't accept the worst case scenario, she should just give up and stay ignorant.

Quote:
And what we've gone over is that you don't trust the EP7 Tea Party because it does not fit into your idea of the solution that Umineko should have. You're imposing a truth on a story while disregarding evidence that was clearly there from the start.
See above. Bernkastel is not. Fucking. Trustworthy.

Quote:
Would you rather believe in a magical lighting bolt that struck the shrine and magically made it vanish including Torî and everything?!
It doesn't have to be magic. Lightning bolts have caused concussive landslides before; it forms a lot of Japanese mythological history due to such naturally occuring omens striking fear into the hearts of ignorant feudal Japan.

Quote:
Am I the only one who loved the EP7 tea party? While deep down I hope it is fake, I am willing to accept it if that is indeed the solution, I also loved how the narrative was when Rudolph killed George, however I like to think that even when met with a stack of gold, everyone would have been smart enough to come to the same conclusion Kyrie did.(yeah just because we see millions of dollars worth of gold means we can exchange it for that much! Even moreso if one of us is dead!), I just can't buy that greed would make them THAT stupid.
I loved it, I just don't think it's true. It's a deliciously wonderful execution of Ryukishi's intention of making the reader feel disgusted and uncomfortable just like Ange.