View Single Post
Old 2011-08-11, 16:16   Link #2122
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Lulu is certainly a very complex character, but one always have to be prepared to move on. And we most certainly can't dismiss the new cast without giving them a fair chance.

I am not worried about the new main lead. I am more worried about how Sunrise has trouble making extensions of anything non-Gundam. Remember Mai Hime? Mai Otome was suppose to be a direct sequel, but Sunrise gave up mid-production and decided it was too hard, and just made it an alternate world instead. Building a new franchise and large universe is hard work, and I am not sure Sunrise has the guts to pull through consider the past history.
Depends which history we are talking about. If we're talking about the internets anger filled half-truth version of Sunrise's history (basically Code Geass, Mai Hime and Gundam 00 while ignoring everything else) and what they thought about those shows (mostly negative stuff it seems) then yeah they fare pretty poorly. If we're talking about their entire history taking into account all periods from the 70's up to now they fare pretty well when it comes to creating new, successful, popular and even critically acclaimed franchises. Even as of now Tiger and Bunny is on a roll over in Japan.

Personally I really can't think of any other studio that does it better and at the moment as their president Kenji Uchida said in an ANN Inside The Studios special they really have no real competition when it comes to creating new franchises that are successful.

TL;DR: The internet has a habit of grossly over-emphasizing Sunrises polarizing shows while completely ignoring everything else they try to do for themselves and for the industry itself. Also I know it's probably a hopeless suggestion, but can't we try actually waiting for actual content for a change before we start tossing out too many predictions and before everybody climbs aboard the doom and gloom train?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote