View Single Post
Old 2007-10-22, 22:19   Link #16
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
Well Oyasumi folded over a bit for certain reasons. But a few of the original staff members decided they wanted to revive it, could be they liked the name, or that they missed working under the tag. But the new founder approached my upstart, then a big fat(well small...)gattai-action, and spontaneous rebirth happened.

Nothing really odd about it, they got sick of where they were, and decided to get together under their old name again.

I can see why people might do that. If the group you are in dies, and everyone moves on to new, or other groups. Then some people don't like where they are for certain reasons, but they KNOW that they work well with people from their old group. So they start talking, gathering old allies, and decide to strike out on their own and rebuild their old group with old friends, who they enjoy working with. Makes sense to me.

more on topic... yeah groups do die... mostly little-knowns, unknowns, or upstarts who didn't get through the gate. But from time to time a major group dies, and never gets back because they were: 1) Hated far too badly... 2) Intra-group drama/hate... 3) Every member is happy where they went to afterwards... etc.
Zilveari is offline   Reply With Quote