Thread: Macross "Canon"
View Single Post
Old 2011-11-07, 22:13   Link #56
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

I've updated the 3rd post with what I understand of the 'official history' of the Macross universe, and added the disclaimer from the Variable Fighter Master File: VF-25 Messiah to the 2nd post.

Quote:
Disclaimer from Variable Fighter Master File: VF-25 Messiah:
Quote:
This book, "Variable Fighter Master File VF-25 Messiah, the new saviour" is not an "official guidebook". Rather, it has been written as an encyclopedia, published on Macross Olympia in 2065, about the history and engineering of the VF-25 Messiah that appears in works in the Macross series
Note also that the credits page of this book, on which this disclaimer appears, is written in both Japanese and what I assume is the Zentradi script. (The disclaimer is in the small box on the bottom right.)
Spoiler for credits page:
'scuse the blurriness. I'm not going to scan my book and ruin it, so that was the best I could do to reduce the size of the photo at short notice.

For those who don't know the big 'hoohah' this book caused, please start here and read until the following page.

And shout out to Tak, Yot-chan / anyone who has the other Master Files (VF-25 is the only one I have): what do their credit pages say?

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2012-01-31 at 04:29.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote