View Single Post
Old 2012-12-13, 06:38   Link #62
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
What many critics here don't seem to realize is that Yuuta himself is unsure of how to deal with Rikka's issues. He told her to face reality, not run away from it, and it looks like she understands it all too well, but he's conflicted upon seeing that she's more miserable than happy. She's trying her best to fit in, to change her behavior, but her 8th grade syndrome isn't easy to lose so easily, and given how even Yuuta has his moments of relapse every now and then, it's only natural that it's eating her up from the inside, especially when Sanae is still fully immersed in her own fantasy world (though even she understand that this is what's best for Rikka).

Still, Rikka facing the music has made her life a bit better already: Touka can leave with ease in her heart, she made amends with her mother, and she's gaining new friends. All that needs to be done is for her to find the right balance between being her real self, and her past self.
Could not have said this better myself. My thoughts exactly.

I really hope Kumin will have some integral part to play to the end of all this in the form of some beneficial nugget of advice. I don't want her to get left behind in the dust, even though she's only a side character.

And the soundtrack continues to not disappoint. The music really added to how much pain was present in this episode.