View Single Post
Old 2013-02-19, 16:31   Link #5922
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

Yeah but what i'm saying is that after it was all over, the battle experience wouldn't have been enough to justify it.
Agreed, however, the EA was desperate for a mass driver, obviously the benefit would outweight the cost if Orb didn't blow it up, but it was a chance the EA was willing to take, as i said earlier, the secondary objective (atleast for Azrael) was to test out the druggies.

Quote:
You threw a shit storm at me for that? Seriously?
Threw shit at you?

Quote:
I was annoyed too but ultimately it's a matter of perspective. There were other things about the show I liked at the time and when you have factors like that then it makes things easier to forgive the worse elements. It was annoying but I didn't consider it that big of a deal.
a matter of perspective, or a matter of fansub groups/dvd subs

Quote:
Yeah but that's due to a military perspective and not due to any moral misgivings Athrun may have had. Remember the original point was whether he's do it because his friends were in Orb.
Fair enough. Athrun simply disregarded a forceful approach when it came to Orb though, we can speculate why but it was quickly shot down as we both saw in episode 25.

Quote:
So there are factors that prevent a super power from attacking smaller neutral nations whenever they feel like it. That's ultimately my point.
Well, seeing how Orb was one of the few nations that accepted Coordinators and Naturals alike, it would be pretty obvious why they wouldn't attack it to begin with, not to mention they had good diplomatic relations with them.

Quote:
Yes but in response to that Athrun shot down the idea of forcing their way in. Neither Yzak and Dearka had actually said that (Dearka said it later) but he was clearly speaking to both of them because both of them were implying it.
Yeah, Athrun clearly marked his authority as a commander by simply shooting the idea down before it was brought up, but grunts voice their opinions, hell, grunts in the army tells their superior they " should attack the target " when the commander already knows it would be a dumb idea.

Quote:
And ultimately Yzak said at the end "I'll go along with it, but if it were up to me I'd force my way in."
" And that's why Athrun is in command "

Quote:
The show never implied it did either. It never showed that Seirans ideals could be just as strong to the Orb people as Uzumi's (and later ended up showing the exact opposite, at least in their military). And it never showed that Seiran's had ideals that were just as legally powerful as Uzumi's.
Honestly, Seiran's ideal seems to be survival above pride, which would be a complete 180 compared to Uzumi's pride before death (if you can call it that)

Quote:
Me: "But why is that? Like I said, Destiny does not show us that the Seirans ought to have the effect you're implying they did. But they do anyway. To me that's making Orb act out of character."

You: "Exactly, they do, and that's all we have to go on."

Me: "So you admit it's out of character then?"

You: "Not in Destiny."

To which my response is, we were talking about Destiny from the beginning.
Indeed, but as you said it was out of character, one has to assume you meant the development we had from Seed, so we can't disregard that, if we only take Destiny into account then everything Orb did would make sense since we had nothing to compare it to.

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realise you were the victim in all this. I'm so relieved to hear you were able to move past your traumatic experience...
Apology accepted!

Quote:
If that's your lame attempt at telling me you've stopped then fine. But just a small tip for you for future reference: If you're trying to tell someone you're going to stop insulting them, don't insult them while you do it...
Not really a lame attempt, i did stop. Also, getting offended over small matters isnt normal, brush it off your shoulder and more on. " Builds character " as that old 'Nam uncle would tell you.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote