neeTHREE
The Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Welcome to purgatory neethree
Thank you, please don't kill me now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
It could be Kakeras such as Higurashi. However that seems very unlikely so far, simply because bottles containing the letters explaining various arcs seems to exists in every arc's future.

The I believe most accepted version for now, is that each arc is only a tale. Remember to the external world the arcs exists as message bottles. It has no "true" value, however since no one knows what really happened on Rokkenjima, and all these tales were "possible ways" for it to have happened, there's no way to discard them. This comes in two variation in a way. One is that the "present" is the future that follows Rokkenjima, and the other is that the events of "real Rokkenjima" are either occurring in the present or haven't occurred yet.
Quote:
Welcome to purgatory neethree
As for what the gameboards are, there are mainly two different theories, one is that they are "kakera" a la Higurashi. In other words alternate realities.
However since EP5 and even more with EP6 a completely different theory has become dominant, but it's better if you learn about that at least after you read EP5.
Uh-huh...
Seems like the Kakera theory is pretty much ruled out then. In all honesty, this makes a lot more sense. At least some things are a bit more clear now.
(...though we've reached a point of accepting such beclouding things as sensible, lol.)

Quote:
Don't worry too much about magic, it is commonly accepted that the magic explanations do not make much sense once you think deep about them. It is probably done so by Ryuukishi so by noticing that you understand that the "fantasy" perspective isn't really going to explain anything.
Bleh, magic! Who'd believe such an absurd thing anyway? Witches don't exist... right?

Anyhow, seems like I should catch up with the latest games to understand it a little better eh... I'll probably wait a couple of weeks and buy episode 7. Either way, thank you both for your quick replies. Helped me a lot!
neeTHREE is offline   Reply With Quote