Thread: Licensed Ride Back
View Single Post
Old 2010-02-18, 22:39   Link #1055
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewtifulAlchemist View Post
Was expecting more of this series. Very slow at the beginning, picked up in the middle and then ended in a weird way as if seems they just stopped caring. In the end Rin does mecha ballet and the world is saved somehow? All the political drama that was built up beforehand just seem like a backdrop for Rin of regretting her decision of quitting ballet and eventually coming to terms about it in the final episode.

It was kind of hard to get attached Rideback mechs in general because they seem so weird to me. This series also had a odd habit of ending episodes with the most calm, pointless scenes (for lack of a better way of describing it).

Felt more like a series that's better enjoyed in manga form.
Well the politics /were/ just a backdrop for Rin and her coming to terms. I've noticed many going in with a focus on the ridebacks or the politics like it's Gundam and come away disappointed. All that is just flavor really, which puts it in an odd "middle of the road" classification. Stuck between a few major genres, it didn't offer enough from any of them to grab a nitch. In the end it's just a beautiful coming to terms story with politics and mechs peppered in. I'm sure it will continue to be a favorite of mine for awhile.