View Single Post
Old 2012-08-30, 01:42   Link #441
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
So much effort and only 1000 Col? 4 million Col really seems to be a lot here.

I almost wonder how asuna get so much?

[mod edit: edited out unfunny joke...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
What amused me is how flippant Asuna was about the whole 4m Col. This is pretty much the entirety of Kirito's life-savings who we can see for most part is a practical guy. He probably doesn't spent more than he needs and fights (and keeps all drops and treasure to himself) much more than Asuna in general yet it's implied that he makes a lot less in comparison.

If it really is the guild benefits at work maybe he such reconsider the whole "solo" gig, or like Flare Knight said, stop breaking the blacksmith/shopkeepers weapons.

Wat.

Isn't this normal the opposite in RPGs? We're talking about the same genre consider "Gold" to be excellent smithing material compare to steel.
Well actually in most MMOs money drops from common mobs amount to no more than change or pocket money. Even the money dropped by boss monsters doesn't amount to much after it's divided by all the participants. What makes you the most money is the economy from selling drops or using those rare drops for crafting goods. And in the case of high-end or end level guilds most of the time they have a steady income from the drops.

Also how the money and drops are managed depends on each party or guild rules. In the case of KoB each member keeps their drops, but like WildGoose referenced, the treasurer uses other sources for their income. Some guild might sell everything and distribute their riches or benefit their members by selling them dropped weapons or materials at discounted prices or plain simply giving the right drop to the right member.

As for materials, in fantasy settings we also got stuff like mythril, platinum, orihalcum, and a plethora of other exotic stuff. And thinking about it, gold is usually used to craft accessories, and usually as a minor material which one assumes it's for it's decorative properties in weapons and armor. But when it comes crafting sturdy endgame stuff you can't go wrong with the exotic and hardy materials.

Besides if you put in perspective, if you averaged 1000 cols from each common mob you killed, getting 4M isn't so hard, you only need to kill 4000 mobs. And trust me, killing 4000 is not a lot when leveling in an MMO.

Just as and example of how many you can kill grinding for XP, in the Red-nosed Reindeer chapter of the LN
Spoiler for reference from the LN omitted from Ep. 3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Being a female ( a pretty one) Asuna has one of many basic characteristics of the women.... love of cute stuffs... they will spend so much for anything that will caught their eyes with...

Speaking of Kirito... hmmm.. well, he aims to finish the game... Money is for weapons and food... that's probably what only runs in he's mind... besides...

" I don't need a house... coz Asuna has already... hehehe"
Well men in real life spend their money buying gadgets, tools and guns. XD
And usually wives wonder why the husband really needs to buy another set of screwdrivers, wrenches or another drill...

In RL:
Wife: Why did you buy another set of screwdrivers?
Husband: But this set has ergonomically contoured polyurethane grips.
Wife: And why don't you sell your older sets?
Husband: Because if ever one breaks I have a backup one in hand.

SAO:
Asuna: Kirito-kun why did you buy another sword and armor?
Kirito: But this new sword has 5 more damage and +1 more Strength!
Asuna: Then sell your old equipment and keep the new one.
Kirto: If the new one ever breaks at least I have the old stuff as backup

Last edited by Kamui04; 2012-08-30 at 02:00. Reason: Typos
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote