Thread: I like 2D Girls
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-03, 06:55   Link #13
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Quoted for Great Truth....

But a lot depends on the subculture you're standing in. There are cliques where the girls are just as nasty as Mystique describes, and there are cliques where the girls actually do tend to be cooperative, nice, yadayada. The main difference I've found is that the latter group is GOING SOMEWHERE. They have plans, they plan to BE SOMETHING. They understand the win-win social equation. The former group seems much more concerned with pack status, pecking order, punishing anyone who doesn't conform, etc. In other words, energy to waste on crap-level self-corrosive activity.

Volunteering and coaching in high school, I saw both kinds of behaviors. So I guess I'm saying that if all the girls one sees are the unpleasant kind - maybe you're standing near the wrong group of girls.

Same goes for guys... the ones a girl might want to be around usually have direction in life or goals. They're not spending all their time pumping up the macho shithead angles.
Cookie for some great advice.
I wasn't sure and still am a bit confuzzled as to the point of this thread, what is the OP asking precisely?
Simply 'are girls evil to each other in real life, more than is typically portrayed in *reads up* non shojo...

The thing is... why are you trying to make comparisions between animated fantasy and reality? Anime is created from the minds of a mangaka or a writer who has the luxury of definining all characters involved for whatever message they wanna portray in a story.

Reality, has no rules.
You'd have to dig around society more to see a variety of women in various situations and cultures to get a taste/feel of what it's like out there. We all have typical traits (good and bad) that are known, but each person is different, we're individuals.
If you wanted a general opinion/idea on girls and offline doesn't give you that much opportunity, then how about the female bunch online?
(Although yes, since we all have 'fronts' to a degree here, it doesn't accurately portray anything)

And even then, if you were basing this of really well written slice of life stories, it's reflected of the Japanese society not our own, so it's kinda a vague question you're asking, i wonder...

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote