View Single Post
Old 2009-11-05, 08:21   Link #69
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I think Beatrice has just given Battler the tools for her own defeat, before HE had to prove her wrong to win, now SHE has to prove him wrong for her to Not lose. Big change in the rules from the previous 3 games.
I dunno if the anime said it but this came with a price.

Before this, Battler could only lose if he accepted witches, which means even in a situation like Episode2 where he didn't understand a thing, he could still manage to avoid a loss by stubbornly denying witches.

With the introduction of blue it was stated that in case Battler doesn't manage to explain ALL the mysteries he loses:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrice
Then allow me to impose the same rule on you. At the time the game ends, the human side will be given one minute to counter the mysteries it has been given. If there is even a single mystery that has not been countered within that time, it becomes the witch's victory, and that game is over.
So now Beatrice isn't going to state any red truth, i.e. isn't going to give any hint about the game. Then in the end she counters Battler's blue truths in a way he probably won't predict. At that point Battler will have only one minute to think about another strategy.

Frankly I don't think it was a nice trade off. This is the result of Ange's trying to rush things to reach a fast conclusion. Except Battler doesn't even know the rules of the game, and if the game is bound the end soon he's pretty much fucked up.