View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 14:52   Link #43
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
I think it is pretty obvious that the author hadn't thought of sage mode until jiraiya showed it.
Of course, but suddenly telling that Orochi had sage mode but never used it even if his life depended on it doesn't make sense. For that someone has to come up with an excuse that's believeable, our discussion was about the excuse part of this.

Where i was wrong is that Orochimaru couldn't possibly have senjutsu chakra because he was never a sage, but as it was pointed out Orochi could have trained that to some low level, similarly to Naruto being able to produce something using the special frog oil. Orochimaru obviously has experimented on Juugo's DNA, so he could have also cheated like the use of oil is in Naruto's case, the CS itself is such a "cheating".

Quote:
why didn't jiraiya use sage mode back in the sannin battle nvm he was tipsy, but he could have hinted it.
That's a pretty good excuse for Jiraiya not using it The other excuse he makes is that he doesn't want girls to see him in that ugly state as a half-frog, and Tsunade was there to see him

Quote:
personally i think each summon species should have had a
sage mode , the uchiha cats, 3rrd Hokage monkey etc etc. It's only fair
I think sage mode was meant to be an ultimate power, just like MS and tailed-beast mode. So it should be very rare to find and almost impossible to master.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote