View Single Post
Old 2008-09-17, 22:22   Link #12040
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There can be a "North, East, West..whatever" school in a cty without there being a second of its type. It is generally the second school in the city (or the one the naming board got lazy one) after the main school. I've seen instances of this, but usually they have the City's name in the school's title.

Of course it might be alittle more strange than that. Say the school did have the cities name in it at one time...and then for some reason the city's name changed (or the city was North Kyoto, or something and then became its own city name), but the schools couldn't get the named changed completely for some reason...so they just dropped the city name and kept North in there printed materials. Over time this became the accepted name of the school (possibly the official name over time).

This is sort of like the Oakland (or San Francisco) "Bay Bridge". That isn't the bridges name really...but that is what it has been called for well over 70 year. It is actually The James "Sunny Jim" Rolph Bridge. No one calls it that. In fact practically no one knew it was called that since the day it was finished. To everyone around it, and most anyone else, it is just "The Bay Bridge". Same could be true for Haruhi's school.
What really got me is that there are four Junior Highs in particular... but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
*snip*
Semantics.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote