View Single Post
Old 2013-07-09, 23:04   Link #37
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So you're expecting actual kids to pay into something like KS?
Yes. If they want it, pay up. If they don't, the money is spent on things the backers actually paid for.

Quote:
People who are donating to this are likely doing so because they loved the original LWA. So wouldn't they want to see LWA be as successful as possible?

I could understand concerns with a dub if we were talking about something distinctively Japanese, or something distinctively adult.

But LWA could be adapted into English, not have to change a single thing content-wise, and still be quite accessible to kids in North America and Europe. There's no reason to be worried about a 4Kids scenario here.

Honestly, I see huge potential here.

In my own country of Canada, I could see a dubbed LWA doing great and gaining loads and loads of kid fans, if it airs at a decent time-slot on YTV.
Being "successful" has nothing to do with backers. The backers don't get paid. he backers gave money to be offered a superior product, and you are suggesting siphoning that money away for something else.

Unless backers get a share of the profits, don't bother using marketing speak. Being "successful" only matter to shareholders. People who are being paid by a product, want the money to go towards the product ONLY. It is their money, they get to make the demands.

Quote:
Adding a dub if they have the money for it won't affect in any way what you originally paid for.
Yes it does. That isn't money for dubs. And all polls show that backers are against it. You are telling me you are okay with the studio ignoring the demands of the people who actually paid their money. That's arrogance.