Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2007-08-16, 14:46   Link #2601
darthfury78

Hi,
Could you provide me with the link to Lillilicious's website?

While I agree that the controversial issues is what kept the series going, I was refering to Simoun becoming a potential mainstream series that could have gone on to becoming a commercial success at the level of Eureka 7 or Dragonball Z if the yuri and the trangender elements were removed. The unpredictability could still be retained without the controversial elements involved.

I know that this series was aimed at the female market. In my honest opinion, Simoun has a very strong mainstream market potential, if the controversial elements were removed beforehand for the anime.

And I still believe that Erii could have been a major character in the series as well. What's done is done. The writers wanted to go against conventional wisdom with this series, and they did their job well. I am not sure if it was successful as a marketing tool that Eukera 7 and Dragonball Z enjoys to this day. Was this series ever a commercial success as Eukera 7 or Dragonball Z? I am still not sure.

Regardless to my opinion, I feel that the creators of Simoun are more than satisified at what they have accomplished. Writers and voice actors alike.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote