Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2007-08-16, 15:50   Link #2603
darthfury78

Quote:
I haven't rewatched episode 2 in a while but what makes you so sure? Who is to say that Eri's reaction wouldn't have been the same if the female gender had been chosen for her? Maybe she was crying because she realised she didn't really want to become an adult and pick a gender at all.
I can agree with your statement regarding the fact that Erii didn't want to become an adult and pick a gender so soon afterall. We can probably agree that she was not prepared to make a decision that would have certainly impacted the rest of her life. If she was allowed to remain with the flight squad throughout the series and had time to develop the pros and cons of choosing a gender, she would have chosen the Female gender, as most of the other girls did towards the end of the series.

This is just my interpretation of what I have read so far about episode 2. And yes I would have loved to have seen Erii as another major character is this series.

As to whether or not Erii would have acted in the same way if she was given the female gender. I honestly don't know. But based on her reaction of begin given the MALE gender, which was not that of her own choosing, I feel that she might have been satisfied with the female gender.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote