Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-12-16, 09:27   Link #10697
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the problem with public education in the California and the US isn't really funding. Funding, class size and bashing the teachers union is really just a convenient excuse. The real problems runs a lot deeper and takes a lot more then the current public is willing to do to fix.

fyi: California spends $8500 per student annually, That is almost as much as my Student loan form 3 yrs of UC college 12 yrs ago. If you tell $8500 per student isn't enough then there is something seriously wrong.
As you imply the current woes are due to misappropriation of resources. The only real solution is to tear down the current system and start over again. That's not going to be a painless process but the alternative is continuing with the money wasting nonsense we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
It is not irrelevant, but some things (interpretations) have to change.

Many of the Founding Fathers were slave owners. They did not put a ban on slavery for fears of a split. Yet, eventually slavery was banned. So yeah, interpretations have changed through the ages.
This is no doubt the truth. The part I have trouble getting on board with is that this logic applies to the second amendment. I can't help but feel, even in this vastly different age, the original point of the amendment is still relevant. To protect oneself, both from wrongdoing citizens, or from a government system gone awry, hasn't changed since their time.