View Single Post
Old 2010-06-07, 11:18   Link #10895
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
@chrono
Spoiler for Higurashi:
This "not necessary" thing is silly. I've already made an argument about EP4's 1998 which only makes sense if the Kakera Theory is true. If that argument turns out to be part of the answer, then the Kakera Theory is necessary to solve the game.

In effect, the only point you've made is that I can't prove that the Kakera Theory is relevant, which I never claimed I could do in the first place.

Anyways, just because books and creating stories are a theme doesn't detract from the Kakera Theory in the slightest, in my opinion. It's still up to the Game Master to write a story that fits the physical boundaries of the island. The false scenes can be interpreted as an imperfect observer, either because they didn't see the scene they thought they did, or because of secondhand information. Higurashi shows that kakera can include falsehoods if the perspective of the narrator is unreliable. Umineko takes that to the next level by making the identity of the narrator part of the puzzle.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote