View Single Post
Old 2010-11-22, 03:09   Link #8
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Well there were a lot of people who were upset the 16 year old Gaara was made General of the Armies. He has never shown any ability in tactics or strategy. And he has only led Suna for a very brief time. What qualified him for such a role? He also has as much experience with war as the rookies. It's a risky choice when you could have named the more intelligent and far more experienced Kakashi. Or Onoki. Or Shikaku Nara. But we already saw that this choice of Gaara will work out in the long run.

There is no getting around it. The rookies are going to shine. In our current battle we have an 18 year old leading, and two 17 year olds playing major roles. And this will be repeated for every division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Shikimaru, for all his qualities, has never proven himself a leader, and only those that already know him actually listen to him. So, I find it very hard to believe that he has the command of an entire division (especially considering his father seems to be unassigned).
It's pretty clear Shikamaru will win the trust of his troops, like Gaara did with his speech, and they will see the worth of having a Chessmaster with an over 200 I.Q. making the decisions. He was basically born for this role. Just like Rock Lee and Neji were born to tear apart the battlefield, Shikamaru was born to treat it like a shogi board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Personally, I would have been more satisfied if Temari was in charge, and she used Shikimaru as the brains (instead we get Kankuro in charge...). At least then a Jounin would be in charge, and Shikimaru would be doing what he does best: making plans and strategies.
At this point I don't think ranks mean much. I mean Naruto and Sasuke are still technically genin. Shikamaru seems more than qualified to be a jonin. Even the anime jokes about why he is not a jonin.

And despite being a jonin, Temari is much less qualified than Shikamaru to lead an army. I say that as her biggest fan. She is not as intelligent or as talented a strategist. Hell, she is not even as experienced since she never fought and defeated Akatsuki. So far her greatest contributation in Shippuden was saving a samurai from buring.

Shika might also be in charge for plot reasons. Temari might have requested Shikamaru be put in charge since I don't know how Gaara would have thought of that on his own. It's not he has any experience with Shikamaru like she does. She seems to enjoy pushing him.