View Single Post
Old 2012-10-24, 06:30   Link #479
teja208
Critical fanboy

I'm quite satisfed with this episode as it offers a nice contrast to the first two with less comedy and more tension between characters' relationship. Sorata is getting his character development this time around but he still has a long way to go in his quest of self discovery and finding where he truly belong but he's on the right track. Other characters like Shiina, Jin, and Mituski also given more depths.

It seems that some people got caught off guard by the amount of drama as early as episode 3. In a way, the drama wasn’t too surprising for me when you consider the number of volumes being adapted. Similar to Toradora, this is a onetime 2 cour adaptation of up to ten or so books; not your standard 4 to 5 volumes adaptation. In contrast to most manga, a light novel series needs to have its own tension building up to the climax for each volume. I haven't read the LN, but I supposed we’ve just reached the climax for the first volume and I’d expect another one of those tense episode within next 2 or 3 episodes since there are total of 9 to 10 more books ahead.

I hope we will be getting a faithful adaptation this time, but who knows? JC Staff always produce mix results regarding their faithfulness to the source material. The decent ones including Toradora, Index, and HnG 2nd Season, while the bad ones are the likes of Shana, ZnT, and Railgun. Are there any confirmations that we will be getting a Toradora treatment here?

P.S. Sorata should consider himself working in a pet care center or a pet shop. He's shown to be quite compasionate when it comes to homeless animals and is capable of take care of them.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote