View Single Post
Old 2008-03-13, 17:12   Link #84
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That title is a hopeful sign for more seasons or OVAs .... though it could also be the equivalent of "and they rode off into the sunset".

Sorry for being a regular Eeyore -- I've just seen too many series that *really* deserved better treatment or follow-on seasons that simply withered away despite being popular. I'll be as excited as anyone if they announce more "spicy wolf" though.

I really don't understand why ya'll think Nora is being suckered. She's being paid 20 Rumiones -- half of Lawrence's total debt of 47 Rumiones. Its more money than she's ever seen in her life. It will let her accomplish all of her dreams and get away from the Church. If it fails --- she's no worse off than she would be in a short time anyway (torn to shreds by wolves, raped and killed by mercs, or burned as a witch). Lawrence was straight forward about the risks -- she knows the penalty for smuggling gold.

Lawrence is only considering gold smuggling because he's dead meat in 24 hours. Under normal conditions, the risk and penalty is too high.
The expressions on the faces of people at the trading company at the end should give some clue.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-03-13 at 19:44.