View Single Post
Old 2010-06-11, 11:20   Link #2056
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
@Endscape: It seems you didn't fully read my post or decided to ignore a few parts of it.
I am lazy to cite your post so I do it the easier way.

I get to the point. You clearly generalizing and it appears you are adamant on anti-shipping Sakura.For starters calling someone mentally unstable wouldn't prove anything. Instability as chaos has many forms. Unstable people tend to still find some kind of new order to resort to. Claiming someone mentally unstable doesn't automatically mean they are the incarnates of devil and must be abhorred and avoided at all costs. To begin with whether someone mentally unstable depends heavily on viewpoint. Just from forum post I can prove that you or anyone else is mentally unstable because of this and that. It's easy, mentally unstable AKA crazy or abnormal means someone has an attitude or behavior different from the norm.At least those are the signs of that. But let's leave it because it leads to nowhere.

You claimed post-HF Sakura mentally unstable. True, her situation isn't normal like her circumstances were but she's certainly recuperating with very promising results. You stated that Sakura in HF-normal is the proof she's sick. Well, it's more like she keeps being chained to the past. In my view it's mental instability but according to the general idea it really isn't. She simply can't move forward. Many horrible things happened in his life,she unconsciously committed horrible deeds and she lost the most precious person in her life. How you expect her to live a normal life? Have you ever experienced the death of someone close to you? Have you ever experienced a situation where you lost your very last bit of hope? That's what Sakura experienced though to the credit of her state she still managed fine. She realized that Shirou did it all for her sake,she realized that she must be happy and not sadden her Senpai in Heaven by giving in to the guilt. She remained strong but she still couldn't go on. Ironically it's exactly because Shirou's sacrifice. The one she admired for 4 long years, the one who showed her how to endure her horrible life and the one she saw as her only linger of hope is dead. He died to give her the well-deserved freedom. That's why she can't leave the house. The memories binding her to that place were incredibly strong. Still, she wasn't mentally unstable by the general viewpoint. She was heartbroken, bitter inside but she lead a relatively normal life. She stayed in the Emiya residence, took on Rin's job at overseeing Fuyuki and acted as a loving and caring aunt for Rin's child. Do you really think that this is the profile of someone who can't be trusted?

It appears that you may have yet to fall really in love with someone. That or you simply don't try to think about Sakura's situation much. Perhaps as a third option you may haven't read the storyline of Heavens Feel properly and skipped the details. Anyways, your statement about Sakura lacks base. It may even be because of your relative idealism. If so then it's a good proof to show how unreasonable and judgmental the idealistic view really is. Idealism simplifies the otherwise complicate matters at the cost of truth. I am not saying it's bad as we can't be all-knowing but a certain balance is always needed.

It seems I am drifting away from the topic. Well, in short neither Sakura's situation nor her past deeds make her unsuitable to be in a relationship. Sakura can't really be happy without Shirou. I can't say she can't live as she possess an extreme attachment to life, maybe because she never had much of it. She isn't clingy either, to be precise she's so reserved that she wouldn't dare to bother anyone, or at least before she gets some confidence. She needs to gather her confidence and see her own worth in life which she will eventually get together with Shirou. Shirou, our protagonist is the same. He has to make peace with his past, find his real self and accustom to his new reforged ideal and life. He needs Sakura almost just as much. Not because the horrible experienced made him that broken but because he was secretly broken to begin with.

Of course, you're free to not like or hate Sakura and her pairing with Shirou in private. Whether you like or hate something is a subjective matter. One can love something while the other could hate it without, neither needs a reason.

Oh, I have another miss! I forgot to mention the matters regarding Shirou's choice. Well, it has much to do with his own feelings. People aren't machines to follow a single code for everything (Except Kiritsugu though he is often called as a virtually heartless killing machine so...). Shirou loved Sakura so much he can't hate her no matter what. Actually, he slowly realized that the Shadow who goes around in town and kills people without exception is Sakura.But he consciously blocked that revelation and strongly denied the idea. We can't blame him though. He's just a human who can't believe something as ridiculous as that. He didin't have a proof to back up that suspicion. And what he can do even if he realizes it and knowledges that as a fact? Kill her? He might have tried if he didn't love Sakura so much but even if he tries Rider would kill him before he succeeds. Then? Premediated well thought out murder? That really isn't Shirou's style and would lead to a MoS style broken Kirigitsu-style emotionless man. Do we really want to blame and despise Shirou for not turning into a hollow man? It sounds really ridiculous. Perhaps tracing Rule Breaker may have worked but Shirou isn't smart enough to come up with that without knowing the exact nature of Sakura's affliction.

Then at the second confrontation where Shirou needed to make a choice again he decides to save her. Why, you ask? Because Shirou realizes that she isn't beyond saving. Her speech if you remember clearly mirrors that. She explicitly warns them what's about to come, how they must run away and she even offers that she will try her hardest and commit suicide to prevent AM's awakening (something which he fails to do because of the far-spread influence of AM and Zouken's tampering). This is clearly not the way a completely crazy and psycho woman speaks. To add she had more than enough power to crush Shirou and Rin like bugs but she decided to not to. Rin doesn't or decides to not ot realize this and blatantly states Sakura is beyond saving. But it isn't like that for Shirou. To begin with he isn't the type to give up. Also he's quick to pick up the signs after the confrontation (Of course he was utterly shocked and said some unreasonable and stupid things when he saw her like that). He remembers Rule Breaker and that AM-whatever and his contract to Sakura is responsible for this whole mess. He doesn't need anything else besides that. Actually contrary to your statement Shirou's idea was quite reasonable and sound for the change. The one who kept being unreasonable was ironically Rin.

In addition as Cherry Lover stated too at that point fighting and killing Sakura was the harder route. Dark Sakura was a way too overpowering. Even with the assistance of the Jewelled Sword of Zelretch all Rin could manage was perpetural draw...well, until her body gives in to the stress and crumbles from overusing magic. The only way she could turn the tables by sacrificing the Sword and using every bit of its power and charge in. Though even then there's the question of Sakura's insanely fast regeneration and the fact that Saber Alter's interference destined Rin's attempt to fail. If you condemn Shirou for his choice and actions you truly don't understand the situation in HF. He wasn't a saint of course but a human being. You're just shifting the blame on him and Sakura, two people who just have drifted along with the situation. It's like the regular hypocrisy about hating weapons, especially guns. Indeed, they are tools of war and murder but who invented those? Guess Who? Us! We made them for killing and it isn't the gun which kills the people but the man who pulls the trigger. In Sakura's case it means Zouken and AM to blame.(though after HA I am not sure about the later). As it was expected they've got their punishment. Also contrary to the guns Sakura could change and live a life different from what her "maker"(Zouken) intended. I think I don't need to elaborate this more.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote