View Single Post
Old 2011-09-25, 12:38   Link #85
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Oh, you may be surprised that such a biased group does actually exist on the world wide web. Most go even so far to bash bash localizations in general if they are not directly translated. Popular example: Name changes (Mana Khemia, Ar Tonelico). The "dub defenders" call these people "japanophiles" because they are just that narrow-minded generally. The ragestorm that happend was not funny ... But that may be a NIS America-only byproduct

I like jp. voice work as well even if I will never be able to recall a single VA (as I don't care about it to this degree), there are exceptions where I prefer the english VAs like with high-pitched girl voices in jp to a more tolerable version on us (Anise from TotA). I think why most jp. voices sounds better/more motivated is simply the way the language works at times.

@P4: With that the future purchase of the Vita has become much more favorable even though I would have loved a playable Rise or more Nanako screentime . And although I fail horribly at good persona merging, I was still able to make it to the last dungeon in the PS2 version
O RLY?!? There exists a fringe minority on-line that does not like every cultured to be butchered to death, so that stupid red-necks can think that they can understand it

Dubs suck, be it american, german, french, greek, whatever... they alter the original content and purpose... sorry, but there is no way around that... now if you don't care about the original art, that's another story, I can understand that gamers are usually in elementary school and never had the time to figure things out, but Presona, as well as, late night shows, were never intended for them... Devil May Cry sounds more like it
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote