View Single Post
Old 2012-02-14, 21:10   Link #6
Autumn Demon
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Ok, well, just days ago I started the first ever english translated Visual Novel I've done which was Katawa Shoujo. I always wanted to play games like these since I started watching anime, but I always thought that you could only get them in Japan or they would only have the Japanese language.
Sorry to disappoint you, but Katawa Shoujo was not translated into English: English is its original language. It wasn't made in Japan, it was made by English-speaking japanophiles. The shocking truth is Katawa Shoujo is a game that spawned from 4chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
The game originated in a sketch created by Japanese doujinshi artist Raita.[3][4] From January 2007, the sketch was discussed extensively on the 4chan image board, and a development group was assembled from users of 4chan and other internet communities. The group took the name Four Leaf Studios (based on 4chan's logo). On April 29, 2009, the team released an "Act One" preview.[5] Act 1 has since been updated for several additional languages; As of v5, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, German, Hungarian, and both Traditional and Simplified Chinese are included. As of January 4, 2012, the full game has been released in English only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
are there any other english Visual Novels similar (Or unsimilar) to Katawa Shoujo that can simply be downloaded from an official website or someplace similar?
Ehh, you won't be able to go to any official website and download commercial visual novels. But some of them have been translated by fans into English and are unlicensed outside of Japan. Really, if you know how to download fansubbed anime then it should be easy.

Anyway, if you like Katawa Shoujo I have to recommend Cross Channel: a gem among eroge.
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote