View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 23:39   Link #14
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2352 View Post
It should just have some sort of reality in it. No magic please.
That's a bit confusing, considering you mention Ginban Kaleidoscope. I suppose a little doesn't hurt?

Try:

Kimi ni Todoke: Billed as a romance. It's very slow paced, which bores some people, but if it doesn't you get a story that's just nice and heartwarming. There's romance, but a huge part of the appeal is watching an outsider get used to having friends. The romance integrates into that theme, making romance seem more like an extension of friendship, though the "special feelings" do feature prominently. There are two seasons; only the first one is great, but if you loved the first season you'll so want to see the finale of the second.

Nana: Two very different women, both named Nana, meet on a train while their moving to Tokyo. Then they meet again while looking for an appartment to live in. That has to be fate. They move in together. One of the best shows I've seen. The emphasis is on friendship and responsibility. The two Nanas have each a very different attitude towards romance, and life in general. Very emotionally intense at times. I remember one nude scene, but it didn't have an ecchi feel to it.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote