View Single Post
Old 2008-10-23, 19:43   Link #10256
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Let's see how I do at handling the whole quote-multiple messages thing...though my ease with the whole fancy new technology stuff can be summed up in the fact that I've owned an iPod for...um...eight days now.

(even scarier is the fact that I'm essentially the IT officer for the law office where I practice!)
But for the most important things first, for PS!V I have to go with A since it would increase Vivio's discomfort level about revealing her job if she started thinking that Syn thought of her as most naturally that way. Inner-monologue angst is the best!

Edit: Blast, you posted the next chapter fragment while I was typing that *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith
Welcome to the fanfiction thread, have fun post lost and forget your sanity at the door... wait dezopenguin... ZOMG you are the one that writes those Grim grimmoire fics!!You are in the Nanoha fandom now!? (havent checked FFnet in a while)... errh fanboyness aside welcome.
Yep, I got hooked. My attention got by the doujinshi at NanoFate.net, which led me to the ff.net section, which led me to the actual show, and the next thing I knew words were spewing off my pencil. I've got six of 'em now, alternatively featuring angst, fluff, and Vivio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword
OO You're here now. AWESOME! I love your stuff particularly your grim grimorie ones. *fanswords*
Like everyone's been sayin' come check out the IRC.

Update on my shiz: I've been really bogged down with projects lately (RL ones) =-= hopefully my life will be less frantic by the end of next week.
No, no, no...your first priority is getting out chapters of RebelS, then you deal with job/school/family/relationship issues. Please, learn to properly divide your time.

(And to both of you--wow; I never expected more than one person here would have ended up reading my GrimGrimoire stories! Ah, how I dream of one day reading one not written by...well, me. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam
So I started chapter 1 for Bless the Broken Road, though the beginning is mainly a flashback sequence that explains a few details. Still, I'll post it just to see what you all think, especially with Elise's characterization. Also, special thanks to Tempest Dynasty for helping me out with what model of pistol would best suit Nanoha and her needs and for explaining the differences to a clueless individual like me. XD

Anyway, here's the beginning of chapter 1...

Spoiler for Bless the Broken Road: Collision Course:

Spoiler for Bless the Broken Road: Collision Course:

Okay, I'm onboard for the ride. Nanoha's basically a girls-with-guns character anyway, just without needing the firearms. It's a logical extension. Now, just so I don't come off like a complete idiot, the supporting cast is from Triangle Heart, is that right? Or something else entirely?

(I can just see her hooking up Raising Heart to a LAW when she needs the equivalent of a Divine Buster...)

To everyone else who offered words of welcome, thank you! Glad to be here!

Lastly, since yakking about myself is all too easy to do:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi
@Thread: Why do you write? Is it a personal goal? For others?
I'd have to say it's a personal thing; my imagination has been creating stories from the time I was a little kid. I think I actually wrote my first "story" when I was...7 (a one-page teenage-sports fic, I believe) and I've been doing so ever since. Fanfiction, on the other hand, I've only been involved with for a dozen years or so. It appeals to me because whenever I really like a particular media (book, game, movie, TV show, anime, whatever) my mind immediately tries to immerse myself into it, and fanfiction provides an outlet for that (I'd probably do fanart, too, but I so can't draw), a way to merge myself with the characters, setting, whatever it is (that's why my fiction tends to be pretty much "original flavor," avoiding crossovers or AU settings, because the things that draw me to a particular original are the setting, or the plot, or the atmosphere, or the characters of that original--I don't object to reading such things, but I tend not to write them except in gag stories, and usually not even those). I do appreciate the fact that fanfiction does allow me to share my love for a particular series with others, particularly since I'm not prone to sending my original fiction anywhere.

*checks preview*

Dern, it actually worked! Cool
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote