View Single Post
Old 2010-08-07, 23:00   Link #3465
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Wow...I go interstate for 3 days and this is what I find on the other side....

Like KS said, chill. This is meant to be a fun contest. One of ISML's strengths has been its relative tolerance/diplomacy compared to the other formats. So I don't think there's anything to gain by claiming 'I'm better than you because I like character A and not character B'. Thank you for trying to be a voice of reason as usual, KS. It's a major reason why I only participate in your creation and not the others.

That all said, I won't pretend I'm thrilled. I'm not. But that's the game for you. Only 16 characters make it. Eventually only 1 will have the prize. Most of you will be hurting at some point. So don't take it too hard. Defeat shouldn't dampen or strike down your love of your favourite characters. In the end, your opinion is the one that matters more. Whether the majority of people voting agree is another issue. You have your own reasons, values and life experiences that led you to liking the characters you do. So don't let people disagreeing get you too bitter. Take it on the chin and carry on.

Regardless - congrats to a certain person's 'campaigning'. You had a very delicately hidden message that I saw a mile away. Your goal is one step away. And forgive me if I'm being blunt here - but Ui got her freaking head kicked in during matches with characters below Fate. If you're not willing to believe strategic voting was a major force in that result, then it must be nice to dream while you're wide awake.

For your sake, I certainly hope you have the numbers to maintain what you've done. Because I'm sure you will realise you have gained a considerable number of people who will vote against your characters during the DE stage. You're about to have what you wanted, but be ready for the consequences.

DE will be cuthroat, merciless and fatal. Spare nothing. May the character worthy of winning the tiara do just that. Bring. It. On!
I know your pain my friend... I know your pain!