View Single Post
Old 2011-11-11, 17:17   Link #41
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quite impressed with that one.

Couldn't be bothered dealing with the riddle - I have enough maths to do in my day-job

Yozora and Sena trying to be clever definitely backfired - though I'd love to know why they didn't leave the mic in their own booths and sneak over to Kodaka's booth Weirder still, they were going to pay the same regardless of whether they paid alone or together, so why not pool the money together to pay as a group? Then again, these people aren't friends and such logic would be beyond them

Genuinely surprised when Kodoka started singing - I honestly expected some kind of off key rendition (akin to Keima Katsuragi of TWGOK fame). Refreshing to have an insert song sung by a male for a change.

I've noticed some people were a tad irked by the montage of previous events during Sena and Yozora's duet. Honestly, when I first saw it, I nearly shed a tear or two - it was a rather touching thing to see and hear. A reminder of just the burgeoning friendships (and relationships?) Kodaka shares with Sena and Yozora

Only downside? I felt the rest of the episode glazed over the whole thing as though the producers had said "S***! Whose bright idea was it to have an attempt at a massive plot development half way through the episode? Now we've got think of a way to pull this out a bit so we get our 25 minutes worth of screentime!"

Seriously though, plonking a massive argument between Sena and Yozora straight after that didn't work for me (especially since Kodaka did sweet FA to deal with calming his 'friends' down). Besides, those two have been at each others throats since they met - so it just becomes another argument (with the fact becoming stale as a result). Shame really - the episode had been going so well up to that point.

Granted, an attempt was made to save it with a new plot point - Sena's father wanting to meet Kodaka (plot progression? Yay!). I just feel that the producers had their priorities mixed up towards the end of the episode. Less time on Sena and Yozora b*tching at each other and more of a focus on the plot seemingly being ready to move forward, and I feel that this episode would have been perfect.

Still, another strong episode