View Single Post
Old 2009-07-22, 21:32   Link #92
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
Much is up to the reader's imagination and the reader's imagination is formed by things he has read, he relates those descriptions to.
In that way you can't say that the depiction is WRONG, because you don't have Ryűkishi sitting next to you saying 'That's not what I intended...'. Just because it is not what you/or however many other fans saw inside your head(s), doesn't prove it wrong instantly.
That's exactly what I said. The thing I was disagreeing was basically the "it was intended like this". However, what I mentioned was Battler didn't felt that way, which means it "isn't intended like this" (thus why I didn't used facts or my own interpretation in my answer), yet it doesn't mean KJ is wrong to think it is funny.

Hence, I have no issue that it is up to someone to consider how the mood is, given a certain context, but I don't think a "working as intended" can be claimed here.
All is left afterwards is if people agree with the vision of the animators regarding this, which is a mixed bag as you can see.

Anyway, after watching a proper raw, my blunt reactions would be:
Spoiler for reactions:

Too many things they did wrong in my books , despite they cut even less than before, even putting stuff that were skipped previously (as you can see, I'm more annoyed by the execution rather than the content in fact). And with another reckless pace, to boot.
Ah well... more time for Episode 2-3-4 then...

Now, as usual: Episode 1-4: screencaps, summaru and comments

and as for the TIPS/
Episode 1-4: Blunder

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-07-23 at 14:19. Reason: comments available