View Single Post
Old 2011-08-31, 20:49   Link #114
ninja_pintu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Why would it go to waste?
Characters went through hardship and struggle for a result that is absolutely against the current flow. It isn't like saving a certain character makes the previous scenes wasted or nonsensical. All of this plight had a meaning and was a catalyst for such change, and it isn't like Okabe didn't get enough troubles for the desired result.

I seriously don't see how all of this went to waste considering all the shit it happened to them. Steins;gate isn't the only series dealing with saving characters from a certain doom after many loops filled with trial and errors, tragedies, miracles etc and just like the these other series (I'm not going to mention them since it would spoil them for a lot of people. Please do not mention them either), regardless if it is due to science or magic, a character brought back this way -does not- nullify all the hardship they went through.

Otherwise, that's like saying that Okabe saving Mayuri wasted her death as well.
Well, I didn't really feel much from Mayuri's death as well because I knew she will be revived anyway. But I won't say her death was wasted because of the very reasons you stated above. Mayuri's death gave a new direction to the show and we saw so much suffering and sacrifices(Kurisu being one of them) to create a miracle.

But does the same apply to Makise's case? We don't have 10 episodes like in Mayuri's case and doing something like that again will be boring anyway. I'll be happy if they do something equally exciting in just 2 episodes, but I really doubt it. All I am saying is that saving Mayuri was the major plot till now, and the part where Okabe had to do something about choosing between Makise and Mayuri was something many of us were looking forward to, and now when all of that is over, adding a new direction to the plot may not be a good thing and if they don't do it right, it may cause all of what happened in this episode(except the confessing part, since she will probably remember it due to her reading steiner) to go to waste.

So what I am really afraid of here is that this show pulling a deus ex machina ending in 2 episodes which will make me feel that episode 22 should have been the last episode of steins; gate. Or maybe I am feeling negative because of one other series which did the same thing with it's ending.