View Single Post
Old 2006-05-27, 22:02   Link #69
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubaredByAnime
Ok, now I know what you're saying. In a nutshell, is there a point where we'll see some positive light at the end of this tunnel of horror for out characters? Hmmmm ... how should I put it? That's a tough one. I don't know everything like the game players like KJ and Sushi do, so I should let them try to persuade you if they can as they probably have way more insight into what will happen then I do. But as someone who does watch, I do hope that there will be an story where everyone lives happily ever after.

As is, the show will end with the 6th arc, which answers some questions, but will not provide all the answers. From this standpoint, I can only assume that the ending is probably going to be the equivalent as what we're seeing now until the end of the show. The 8th arc has not been released yet, so who knows what's going to happen there.

[Edited]
I just wanted to mention that KJ was nice enough to open arc speculation threads for Watanagashi and the first one (can't remember). Maybe we should start moving our speculation and theories over there.
That pretty wells sums it up. I'm not looking for a happy ending, really - just some conclusion that shows me there was a point to all this, and that it wasn't just the anime version of a surgical dissection of an unanaesthetized subject.

Two good points were just made - one, we don't really know if K1 is "normal". And since he does seem to be at the center of each of these decidedly abnormal scenarios, it's a fair question. That would be a "point" I suppose, but it still doesn't answer the question of whether watching a basically nice (as far as we can tell) boy get filleted several times while we wait to find out is enjoyable.

Second point - this probably does bear comparison more with Asian horror films than any anime. "The Audition" springs to mind for me. And indeed, even if you admire those films, watching them is a sort of masochistic act. I guess it depends on what your tastes are...