View Single Post
Old 2008-02-27, 05:49   Link #681
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Well, and when you find out they don't really match, it is intellectually dishonest to try and say that the non-matching scenario fits by twisting its observation.
With all the inconsistencies everywhere, it's hard to determine what is what without lots of handwaivium.

Quote:
Go ahead. Get the whole series of frames around that one too - probably in the end you'll grab a maximum of 10 frames - and please, don't JPEG - definitely NO color subsampling. PNG, PNG, PNG.
I'll do it tomarrow, or tomarrow night for you. And yes I know, PNG.

Quote:
Let's clarify "pretty small". Quite frankly, by now you should begin to know your limitations in estimating things like size and range from eyeball alone - your 300m target is only at most ~100m. Your "BVR" proves to be 8px wide.
I think the hole kind of speaks for itself. It's freakin' large. It's not just a few body widths of Nanoha... it's big enough to drive a truck through... Or rather, several of them, side by side. It's a plot shot for sure, but it's a freakin big hole, and Nanoha is freakin small in the hole.

Quote:
Pre-analysis commentary says that airports are generally not built high, so the beam's total run is likely to be relatively short.
It's already a pretty funky airport from what I've seen. Multi-story spiral staircases? (Or approximates. Episode two shows Gin wandering in something that's over eight levels high and greater...) Two monstrous towers extending WAY above the rest of the facility? (One control Tower maybe a few stories up I can see. But if TSAB HQ is any indication, these are more of the fancy supertowers...)
I don't think going with 'Its an airport' will be enough. We need to make observations. This ain't your average airport. (Hell, it ain't even LAX.)

Quote:
BTW, you seem awfully enthusiastic about longer ranges and higher velocities
Probably because I'm hell bent on stretching this 'superior' magic as far as our calcs can get it. I'd rather play Nanoha to the stronger end of measurements. At least then we could suspend the belief that the TSAB has the combat superiority over conventional arms to maintain its authority and policies. At least have her able to hit targets at a range equal to a typical grenade launcher in a similar amount of time. Since her average busters display around grenade level force. (Her top end busters kind of do their own thing as required by plot.)

Be kind of sucky if one day she was sent on assignment to round up some mass weapon users and thought she was going to have minimal problems, only to find THESE on guard... the hard way. Yeah, out-ranged, hit before she realizes she's under attack, and while Protection Powered may keep a hit or three off, that won't stand up against automatic fire delivering the same nasty explosive force to her over and over again several times in one second. Barrier jackets may allow you to slam through concrete, but you don't come out of that exactly smiling and shrugging it off. Rapid Fire Grenade spam gets messy.

If she can at least hit as far out, and as fast as those (Even with a handicap on her recycle rate.), I'd call her superior on acounts of being able to fly, and create a shield.