View Single Post
Old 2011-10-20, 10:54   Link #1895
Yamiken
Philosophos Basileus

Send a message via MSN to Yamiken
People, people, calm it, jeez. Surely we can all come here and be civil whilst expressing and debating our opinions, without resorting to cheap shots like calling a character "pathetic" or "delusional"? This discussion would actually be pretty interesting if it weren't for all involved seemingly taking it as a personal affront that others don't share their opinion on Shirley, the nature of her love, whether she deserved Lelouch, whatever. That goes for both sides from what I've seen. I know I'm just some random newbie so maybe my word doesn't count for very much, but please, can we all just cool our heads a little?

Anyway, on-topic: my own opinion on Shirley? She's alright. I never hated her or anything, and she facilitated some decent drama during the first half of the Mao arc, but she was never a favourite of mine either. Her death really got to me with its tragedy, though; both the the tragedy in of itself, and the tragedy of the effect it had on Lelouch; as others have rightly noted, it's entirely probable that the Zero Requiem never would have happened, at least not in the form it did, if Shirley had remained alive. As it is, the trauma of losing her and then Nunnally was too much for him, and he only really had C.C. in the end to comfort him over it - which, well, isn't really her strongest point, much as I like her. Shirley may well have been able to talk him out of being quite so suicidal. Or maybe not, but it's still an interesting train of thought.

As far as shipping goes, I'm of the Lelouch/harem persuasion, so obviously Shirley gets a look in there! ... as far as pairings go, though, I do prefer Lelouch/C.C., then Lelouch/Kallen. Sorry Shirley fans. Feel free to try to change my mind if you want... in a civilised, polite manner, of course.
Yamiken is offline   Reply With Quote