View Single Post
Old 2012-02-20, 16:41   Link #19
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't think Akazawa is Another, much less Kouichi's mother. I took what she said as yet another clue that Kouichi lived/visited Yomiyama in the past, and that his memories were altered meaning he was aware or perhaps even witnessed Another's death. Besides, it's never been hinted (unless I missed it) that the dead one could be given a completely different identity, appearance, and memories, effectively turning him an entirely different person. That's too convoluted and it would make it absolutely impossible to figure out his identity.

As for her being the real Izumi that died two years ago (haguruma pointed out her brother was in 1996's class, so she could have been a victim that year), it's entirely possible. It's only my gut feeling that tells me she isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I was surprised by how quickly the teacher's suicide and murder of his mother was attributed to the calamity, since all the others so far have died due to suspicious illnesses or accidents. Was it really so unthinkable that he just snapped that they were willing to break with agreed upon countermeasures? I'm not suggesting they're wrong, since there's been no further fallout from retiring the non-existent club. I just found it odd.
They attributed it to the curse because they saw him try to push away the knife (I kinda lol'd at that). It clearly looked like he was being manipulated by something. Of course, it may have just been him going completely loco but given the context it's safe to assume he was forced to do this by the phenomenon.