View Single Post
Old 2007-06-13, 23:51   Link #316
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

there's two versions running around. Robotech.com, animecornerstore.com has both. there's the animeigo version, which is cheaper and in Japanese Audio + subs. There's the newer ADV boxset which has a dub + subs + extra features not on the animeigo version which I have. The extra features I enjoyed, particularly if you're a Macross nut like me. Mari Ijima (Minmay's VA in the dub and sub) commentary is well worth the price difference to me.
Any Macross boxset should have Super Dimension Fortress Macross (or SDF Macross) instead of Robotech: Macross Saga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken View Post
"Robotech: The Macross Saga" which apparently is a patch work of three different Macross Series.
Incorrect

Macross (rewritten for RT) is the first installment of Robotech the following two parts Robotech: Masters and Robotech: Next generation are not part of Macross in any way. They are 2 other series known as Genesis Climber Mospeada and Souther Cross Cavalry.

The true Macross Franchise consists of (in plot line order)

Macross Zero, SDF Macross, Macross: Do you Remember Love, Macross Flashback 2012, Macross 7, Macross Pluss and Macross II

Last edited by hobbes_fan; 2007-06-14 at 00:04.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote