View Single Post
Old 2009-11-29, 01:14   Link #120
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
I would say about 80% of the anime OP includes some animation.

I don't see why people are so demanding about his. Higurashi season 1 didn't change its OP once, and Higurashi Kai only changed very slightly ... nobody complained about that.
A lot of it is just special effects though. Golden butterflies, clocks, still images of Ronove, Siestas, Stakes, the parents, Jessica, George, Shannon, Kanon. There are some well done scenes inserted in like VirgiliaVSBeatrice, Eva-Beatrice, and Ange falling... though those scenes (or at least VirgiliaVSBeatrice and Eva-Beatrice) don't suit EP4 and timing wise, the Ange falling part feels a little awkward to me. It comes in at a part of the song that doesn't match very well for me. All together it's like a mesh between lazy still images and well done animation done in a strange fashion that makes the OP animation overall seem like a bit of a mess to me.

The amount of characters made it easier for them to animate and sequences matched the music perfectly for both seasons (Higurashi Rei was a bit more simple with the OP...). Also in the case of Higurashi, there was no game OP to compare to anyway...