View Single Post
Old 2010-12-20, 15:09   Link #121
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
I agree; simply put, Kyousuke's actions this episode does imply that he has tsundere behavior/elements, but I don't think that's enough to call him a full tsundere like his sister. I mean, if simply don't being honest about what you truly feel is enough to mark someone a tsundere, a lot of people already fall under that. For me, for someone to be considered a full blown tsundere that tsundere behavior needs to be more pronounced and is pretty much a default setting, like Kirino. Simply depicting a tsundere behavior from time to time like Kyousuke, while usually he's quite upfront with his feelings, isn't really enough to be called a tsundere, especially compared to his sister.
Very well said.

Quote:
I wouldn't say that he likes tsuntsun Kirino...I would say, though, that he definitely has a much larger range of patience and tolerance for tsundere behavior than most of us.
Well yes. That much is quite obvious. But just because you have a great deal of patience for a certain type of person doesn't mean that you like that type of person. A psychologist has to develop a great deal of patience for people with pathological conditions. That doesn't mean that such people is who the psychologist likes hanging out with in his or her spare time. A diplomat has to develop a great deal of patience for very emotional people with passionate political, or nationalistic, causes. That doesn't necessarily mean that such people is who the diplomat likes to hang out with in his or her spare time.

Quote:

Also, I agree with DasDingus that after years of neglect and 9 months of abuse, seeing deredere Kirino is alien to him and he's unsure of what to do.
That doesn't mean that he doesn't like deredere Kirino, though.

After 9 months in jail, being free to re-enter society, and move about freely, may be alien to a person. Such a person may be unsure of what to do, at least at first. It doesn't mean that the ex-convict would actually want to be back in jail, though.

Quote:
Despite the extra patience, he does have his limits, and he definitely doesn't want his sister to regularly cross the line.
Agreed.

Quote:
So, even if Kyousuke wants a demure little sister he knows that Kirino isn't like that,
It's certainly true that he didn't think that she had the capability to be like that. But now, he's seeing that she does have the capability to be like that, and it naturally makes him happy. Kirino is quite capable of being a "demure little sister", and demonstrated that in this episode and the last. That is at least as much a part of her personality as her tsuntsun side is. In fact, it could easily be argued that her "demure little sister" side is more reflective of her true personality than her tsuntsun side is, as the tsuntsun side may be largely or entirely just a mask.

I don't see why all of this is so hard for you, and a few other posters on this thread, to accept.

Isn't it just common sense, really? I mean, would you rather someone be nice and warm to you, or mean and nasty to you? What would most people want, if given a choice between the two?

Yes, Kyousuke may be a bit of an oddity, but he's shown that he appreciates people being kind towards him. If Kyousuke was a total masochist who liked being treated harshly by others (including his sister), then why would his best friend who he regularly hangs out with be the exceptionally kind and sweet and understanding Manami?

The guy is not as strange or atypical as he's sometimes made out to be, imo.

And Kirino having the capacity to be kind and sweet to Kyousuke also makes her a more realistic and well-rounded character, in my view. Do you disagree?

Quote:
he doesn't want to force Kirino to be something she's not.
Unless she crosses the line (as you said), he's not going to force her to be anything. It's just not in his personality to try to manipulate people like that.

However, that doesn't mean that he doesn't have personal preferences for what he would like Kirino to be like.

Also, a demure little sister is at least part of what Kirino is. She chose to be that, in most of this episode, of her own accord.

Quote:
Kirino may be tsun, but that's who she is,
That's not all she is, Saturn Beaver. Not unless you entirely discount this episode and the last... and that's 1/6 of the entire anime!

Quote:
and as long as she doesn't go too far, he's fine with that (although his aforementioned extra patience and tolerance will make it a bit strange with most poeple).
No, he'd personally prefer her to show her kinder and gentler side to him more often.

Again, why is that so hard for you, and some other people on this thread, to accept?

It is truly baffling to me.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2010-12-20 at 15:43.