View Single Post
Old 2010-12-20, 21:18   Link #140
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
She can be cute and still have a tsuntsun side... but prior to episode 11, the balance between tsuntsun and deredere was way off. With the last two episodes, the balance is no longer way off, and that makes her cute for Kyousuke.
I would argue that the balance of tsuntsun and deredere is not what mattered the most in this instance but rather what changed Kyouske's outlook on Kirino the most was the mere knowledge that such a side exists. Before episode 11 he had no idea how Kirino really felt. He could guess at what she was thinking but her messages were so muddled that it was completely plausible that her hatred was genuine, which was probably upsetting to Kyouske.

Quote:
Fair enough. The level of tsun displayed by Kirino in the finale title call can be amusing to Kyousuke, as long as it's not overly done, and there's a dere side to balance it (as seen by Kyousuke's dream sister concept from Episode 1).
In my mind, it's the knowledge of the dere side, regardless of balance that makes the tsuntsun bearable. Before the tsuntsun ranged from frustrating to horrifying when he didn't know if Kirino had a sweet side. Knowing that her tsuntsun moments are mostly an act and that she has genuine affection for him is what made Kirino's outburst cute to Kyouske.

I should note that to me personally, having a dere side doesn't legitimize or justify Kirino's actions. I'm just trying to guess at how Kyouske feels about the whole thng. And in the end we're really all just guessing based on what we've seen.