View Single Post
Old 2011-08-18, 14:40   Link #1217
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
So.. I'm just coming back to check. I rage quit the series after becoming absolutely disillusioned with ep 5. I think it was one of those instances when I felt a series was playing around with me. Has it gotten better since then?
Hmm ... well, I've been following the series all the way through, and for me there has really only been one disappointing mini-arc. And even that was only somewhat disappointing for me personally.

The general summary of the series (afaict) is that when Hanasaku is "on" it is stupendous. But many people seem to think that the series seems to be plagued with really bad pacing and has "too much time on it's hands" episode number wise.

For me the common criticisms (which I can certainly see and understand for others) that has not been as much an issue, but I am admittedly kinda biased toward the "slice of life" genre in general and tend to go into "pleased pig" mode by default: I can forgive a LOT - moreso than other people, it seems. For me the problem with the mini arc I was disappointed in had very little to do with bad pacing, though - I just did not like the story proper.

I am also "holding back" on a criticism of individual eps until the series is finished. Seemingly "non-sensical" eps may make more sense when the series is finally over.

Still - that is just my take. For general consensus probably the common criticisms above may be more helpful to you (particularly if you "rage-quit" by ep 5).